Preencha os dados abaixo:
(*) campos obrigatórios
Preencha os dados abaixo:
(*) campos obrigatórios
Os Termos de Uso especificados neste documento representam um acordo entre o Centro de Ensino Superior Strong o OpenCourseWare e os participantes dos cursos gratuitos disponibilizados no programa OCW ESAGS.
O OCW ESAGS permite a realização de cursos gratuitamente, por qualquer usuário, desde que aceito as especificações abaixo.
O usuário reconhece que, ao utilizar os conteúdos dos cursos do programa OCW ESAGS, estará aceitando todas as condições mencionadas nesse Termo de Uso.
1. meeting(an event at which people meet to discuss and decide things).
2. minutes (especially British An official record of what occurs in a meeting).
3. following (an adjective meaning "that comes next").
4. forward (to put sth forward = to suggest a plan, proposal etc, for other people to consider and discuss).
5. overtime(time that you spend working in your job in addition to your normal working hours).
6. voluntary (without being paid).
7. than ( rather than = instead of).
8. sign ( to sign up for something = to put your name on a list for something because you want to take part in it).
9. fill ( to fill in = to write all the necessary information on an official document, form etc.
10. form ( an official document with spaces where you write information, especially about yourself).
1. Surprising. It is the only adjective that collocates with the word provision
2. Limit. All the others mean the opposite and logically they cannot be the answer
3. Shops. The only logical choice at street level
4. Cost. The others all have a positive meaning. We need the opposite idea
5. Fixed amount. It is the only word that gives us the idea of limitation
6. Test plan. All the others are people
1. Staff. All people who work in a place. The others are individual positions of authority.
2. Building. The other three are specific rooms inside a building.
3. Book. The other three are Business correspondence.
4. Result. The other three are what we want to achieve.
5. Lazy. The other three are positive qualities.
6. Air conditioner. The other three are concerned with correspondence and paper work.
7. Cup. The others are items of office stationery equipment.
8. Hard-working. The others are negative qualities.
9. Get together. The others are connected to business.
10. Payroll. Payroll is a list of all the people a company employs and the money each one earns. The others are individual pieces of paper.
1. a. entitled to means that you have a right to this.
Capable of refers to ability. Liable to means something will probably happen.
2. b. establish. Transitive verb with no preposition.
Decide and agree would both need a preposition.
3. c. facility. Overdraft facility is a collocation.
Factor and faculty don't collocate with overdraft.
4. b. claim . To ask for the money you have spent to be given back to you.
Complain and reclaim are not used with ‘back’.
5. a. sole. This means you are the only person responsible. It is a collocation.
Unique and only do not collocate with responsibility in this context.
6. c. forecast . It means prediction.
Foresight is the ability to predict and not the prediction itself.
Fortune means chance or luck.
7. b. workforce. Employees is incorrect because it is a plural noun Labour is an uncountable noun. Neither of these is used with the word 'a'.
8 c. out. To sort out means to solve.
Sort in and sort up do not exist.
9. b. reimbursed.
A person is reimbursed and the expenses are refunded or returned.
10. a. key. Key factor is an accepted collocation.
Essential factor is an acceptable collocation but it would need the article.
'an' instead of 'a'.
keen factor is not an acceptable collocation.
1. F Because "following our conversation" means that they have spoken beforehand.
2. F Maria has invited João to visit "within five days" and this means five days from the date of the e-mail.
3. T João can choose the time he wants.
4. T Maria says the amplifier is not working.
5. F muffled means you cannot hear it clearly.
1. Choose (Choose is the imperative form. Choice is a noun and chose is the past tense).
2. Plan (Plan means to think carefully about the actions you need to take to achieve something. Elaborate means to give more details or information. We don’t evolve an agenda; the agenda evolves).
3. Establish (Establish means to found. Stabilize means to make something stable or secure and balance means to create equilibrium).
4. Create (Create means to bring into being. Realize means to know and understand something. Realize can also mean to achieve something but only a goal, a dream or an ambition not an atmosphere. Carry out means do).
5. Monitor (Monitor means to watch closely. Motorize means to install an engine into something. Motivate means to stimulate).
6. Keep (maintain and keep are interchangeable only when the object of the verb is something not someone. e.g. Keep/maintain the right balance. Retain means to keep possession of).
7. Ask (enquire means to ask a question and it is an intransitive verb. Inquire means to investigate or ask a question).
8. Ensure (Ensure means to make sure. Assure is a transitive verb. We always assure someone and it means to tell somebody that something will definitely happen. Assign means to allocate).
9. Involve (Involve means include. Evolve means to change gradually. Develop means to reach a more advanced state.
10. Assign (assign means allocate. Sign means to write your name on something. Signal means to give a sign or indication).